Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Time

Prompt: Scale life happiness from 1-10

I believe that happiness is a continuum that shifts at any moment. I've been from 0-10 on any given minute, but when in review of my life as a whole, 10 seems to be fitting without any doubt. While this may seem unrealistic, it is true. I think at times people can often lie to themselves and believe a sense of happiness that may not exist. This false sense of happiness is covered up with a unbreakable optimism in which people wish to falsify in society. I am not one of those people, I think.

I feel at 10 because my relationship with God is strong. I am very appreciative for the things I already have -- which god has taught me to be. The simple things of good health -- I have all working limbs, brain, etc. The list of thankful things are always endless, and the longer the list, the happier one probably is.

Changing subjects... the feeling of being checked out of my responsibilities to my students is also on a continuum. Overall, I would say I am not checked out in the sense of my passion to change students lives (not necessarily students' academics). While my performance, work ethic, and all things combined to prove this may be absent, the feeling still rests with me. Unfortunately, this cannot be measured in any way.

The actions I will make in order to maintain this happiness or even exceed this happiness is continue to be thankful. I am certain that this has been the key to my success and my happiness.

No comments: